1. Exercise. Move your body to the degree you are able; run, swim, take a brisk walk, dance, ride a bike, ride a horse, train in the gym, ski, move your arms and legs sitting in a chair.
2. Speak Up! Self expression is crucial in the release of feelings, self-respect and caring for yourself. The more we address the less we repress!
3. Take a yoga class. Yoga decreases blood pressure, calms your body and mind, and allows you to think more clearly.
4. Include Omega 3’s in your diet. Studies have revealed Omega 3’s decrease depression. In addition, a good whole foods multivitamin adds more nutrients to your diet.
5. Keep your spine in alignment. Follow up with your chiropractor. An aligned spine clears all pathways through your brain stem, allowing you to think more clearly. Not to mention, less body pain equals less depression/anxiety.
6. Meditate. Practice sitting in a quiet space at least a few minutes a day. If your mind wanders bring it back to the present as you focus on one thing.
7. Laugh! Laughter releases those wonderful endorphins that we experience in exercise. Watch a funny movie, reminisce about comical times with family and friends, laugh at yourself, just laugh!
8. Make a habit of drinking your Green Smoothie. So many of us don’t get enough fruits and veggies in our diet. Packing it all into one drink allows you to get a ton of nutrients in one sitting. A healthy diet gives you more energy and promotes positive thinking.
9. Socialize! Make a point to spend time with like-minded, like-spirited people. Positive contact lifts our own spirits!
10. Get your Sleep. So many of us are sleep deprived in our fast paced society. Make it a point to get at least 7- 8 hours of sleep a night. If you have difficulty falling asleep, take a warm bath before bed, read a book, put on soothing music, drink a chamomile tea…wind down and breathe….
11. Okay, I’m squeezing in 11, Get a MASSAGE and pamper yourself at your favorite spa!