After the holidays and busy times in our lives, our energy often feels tapped. Here are 9 quick tips to gather up the energy that periodically slips away…
1. Get your SLEEP! Nothing saves energy more than sleep. The more rest you have, the more you have to give. You will make wiser decisions with less agitation, and yes, you will eat healthier because we crave sugars and unhealthy fillers when we are tired.
2. Say NO more often. Trust your instincts when your body tells you you haven’t enough energy to say yes to every request. Limits and boundaries are healthy for you and the person you’re setting them with.
3. Pay attention to good nutritional habits. Take in energy foods like green leaf veggies, fruits and adequate proteins. Keep alcohol intake and sugar to a minimum, and drink plenty of water!
4. Choose wisely with your supplements. Have your doctor check your blood levels to evaluate what you need. For those living in the north during winter, vitamin D adds energy that the sun gives us in the summer. Omega 3′s are great mood lifters and helps with depression. Vitamin C keeps those white blood cells alive and active, increasing your immunity, and vitamin B complex decreases your stress level. A good multivitamin helps in many areas you may be lacking.
5. Give Service to others. When you do it can’t help but bounce back and fill you too. There is a natural boost you receive in giving. Choose an organization, program, group and give of your time.
6. Develop an exercise program that suits you. Walking, joining a gym, dancing, swimming, you choose. Create a schedule that is realistic for you so you will stick with it as an ongoing lifestyle routine.
7. Visit your chiropractor for regular adjustments. A healthy spine fights disease, fosters clear thinking increasing your creativity, and allows you to perform physically at an optimum level.
8. Express yourself! It takes much more energy to hold in anger, fear and frustration than it does to release it. Think of the energy it takes a pressure cooker to hold in its contents until the lid is finally lifted and the steam is released! Express your feelings calmly, before this boiling point, and you will find your issues become resolved productively and peacefully.
9. Take time for relaxation and quiet time. Research has revealed that quieting your mind is a catalyst for expert performance in many aspects of your life. Get a massage, watch a movie, take a yoga class, visit your favorite spa, plan that vacation, visit a friend, read a book, listen to soothing music, meditate…RELAX…
Wishing you all a happy & healthy new year…here’s to new beginnings!